[ontolog-forum] Proceedings of our Thu 2006.08.22 Call - ref: Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:54:12 -0700
For those who had missed our call yesterday, we had a great
meeting. Special appreciation to Steve Ray of NIST for his
preparation work, leading up to the meeting, and for chairing the
meeting. Thanks to all who participated, and contributed
invaluable ideas. Those who attended confirmed the importance and
timeliness of the need for more work in the Ontology Measurement
& Evaluation area.    (01)

We confirmed the joint initiative between NIST, Ontolog and NCOR,
in establishing a small program to tackle various issues in
Ontology Measurement and Evaluation. This will start in about a
month and will last for about 6 months, with about 6 events
(featuring both NIST and others' work) that will be scheduled
during that time span. NIST (under Steve Ray's guidance) will be
providing the leadership, and is offering some existing (and
already funded) work to kick-start the program. They solicit
other interested parties, especially those who have similarly
funded tasks, to join forces in this program, to deliver some of
the desired outcome.    (02)

Proceedings from the 2006.08.22 call is captured (in appreciable
details) on the wiki already at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_08_22    (03)

Be on the lookout for a schedule of activities relating to this
project that will be announced within the next few weeks.    (04)

As always, input, suggestion, ideas ... are welcomed!    (05)

Best regards.  =ppy    (06)

P.S. Coming up next Thursday is a similar planning meeting, this
time, around the recent community-drive initiative on "Database
and Ontology". The session page for the Thu 2006.08.31 call is
already up. Please refer to details there:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_08_31
RSVP now, and make sure you come join us, especially if you have
already indicated interest on the subject, or if you do care
about this very important topic. Please continue to discuss the
matter by posting to the [ontolog-forum] listserv, or to the
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DatabaseAndOntology wiki
page.  Tx.  =ppy    (07)

P.P.S. I will be traveling (starting tomorrow) and will be
out-of-pocket until next Wed 8/30. Therefore, don't worry if you
don't hear from me, or see the freeconference 'invitation' until
very close to the call. Anyhow, call details are already there on
the ConferenceCall_2006_08_31 session page already! (see link
under P.S. above.)  =ppy