[ontolog-forum] Calendar on Events of Professional Interest to the Onto

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:37:17 -0700
Among the outcomes of today's regular Ontolog active member
conference call, and with the help from Steve Ray (NIST) and Doug
Holmes (Java Professionals), we gathered a list of more external
(outside of Ontolog) events of interest today than we ever had
before.    (01)

This is a reflection on both our expanded membership, and, more
importantly, the quickly growing attention people (both from
research and industry) are giving Ontologies and Semantic
Technologies.    (02)

... so much so, that I went ahead and initialized a page of the
wiki, to provide the public announcement space, where information
on these events (workshops, conferences, ... etc.) can be listed
and shared with the rest of the community. Please check it out:    (03)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RelevantEventsOfInterest    (04)

I hereby invite everyone in the community to post to this
calendar page, open events that they are involved in (organizing,
presenting, ... etc.)  I listed a few initial ground rules just
to get things going. I am perfectly happy to get comments and
suggestions to improve on the governance and stewardship of this
page. Here they are :    (05)

//
  Ontolog members are invited to post event information or
call-for-papers on open events that meet the subject criteria.    (06)

  Ontolog member: please post if you are involved (organizing,
presenting) at the event.    (07)

  Please do not post information on 'member-only' events.    (08)

  A short entry in reverse chronological order (please refer to
other entries as examples) should be made; please make sure you
include a link pointing to the event website (where more details
can be found).    (09)

  Please also specify whether the event is 'Free'
(free-of-charge) or Fee-based ('$': below US$1000; '$$': $1000 or
above)    (010)

  The Ontolog co-conveners reserve the right to remove any entry
that they deem inappropriate. =ppy/2006.08.03
//    (011)

I also listed a few links to "Event Pages" of collegial
communities and organizations that share similar professional
interest at the bottom of the page too. See:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RelevantEventsOfInterest#nidP89     (012)

Hope some of you will find the page useful. Do help keep input
coming, and the page maintained.    (013)

As usual, comments, discussion, suggestions for improvement are
most welcomed.    (014)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy
--    (015)