Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog Invited Speaker - Dr. Patrick Cassidy - Thu

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:54:35 -0700
We had a great session with our invited speaker Dr. Patrick
Cassidy (from MITRE) today. He presented his talk on: "Defining
Vocabularies, Ontological and Linguistic: A Tool for Ontologizing
Ontolog" explaining the position of the formal upper ontology and
its role in semantic interoperability, and proposes the use of a
controlled "Linguistic Defining Vocabulary" that the community
may find useful immediately in the task of ontologizing the
Ontolog, or similar bodies of knowledge. He also made the case
that using upper ontologies does not necessarily has to be
excessively challenging at all.    (01)

Our appreciations go out to Dr. Cassidy for sharing his knowledge
and insight with us. And, as always, thanks to all the
participants for joining us and for contributing to the rich
discussion we had, along with the presentation.    (02)

Proceedings of the session are captured at our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_05_11    (03)

In particular, full audio recording of the session (as well as
the podcast and telephone playback of it) is now available too -
see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_07_13#nidO9G     (04)

... Dr. Cassidy's contribution today adds yet another key piece
to the collective intelligence and body of knowledge that our
community is building. Thanks again, Pat.    (05)

Best regards.  =ppy    (06)

P.S. Once again, our 3rd community face-to-face meeting is coming
up soon (with an opening workshop on July 23, 2006 at Stanford
University). See
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2006-07/msg00024.html
and
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_July_2006
for more details about on-site or remote participation. 'See' you
there!  =ppy

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=13&year=2006&hour=10&min=30&sec=0&p1=224)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_07_13    (013)