Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings from "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 00:35:57 -0700
We had another wonderful session today. Dr. E. Michael Maximilien
from IBM Research organized and moderated our the session,
entitled: "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge -
Discussion Session-2 - Tools, Techniques, and Approaches Panel".
Panelists featured in the session included Dr. John 'Boz'
Handy-Bosma (IBM Global Services), Mr. Conor Shankey (Visual
Knowledge), Mr. W. Scott Spangler (IBM Research) and Mr. Peter
Mika (Free University, Amsterdam, Netherlands).    (01)

Our appreciation goes out to Dr. Maximilien and all our
distinguished. Collectively, they exposed us to a whole variety
of tools, techniques and approaches -- from tested and field
proven ones, to some that are emerging. The briefs from our panel
was followed by a very lively discussion too. And, as always, we
thank all the participants who joint us and contributed their
valuable insights.    (02)

Proceedings of our 2006.07.06 session are captured in the wiki
page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_07_06    (03)

In particular, full audio recording of the session, along with
the panelists' slides, are now available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_07_06#nidNZX
The podcast is already online too!    (04)

Best regards.  =ppy    (05)

P.S. Please note that Dr. Patrick Cassidy of MITRE will be with
us next Thursday, July 13, 2006, to present a talk on: "Defining
Vocabularies, Ontological and Linguistic: A Tool for Ontologizing
Ontolog" where he will explore with us, formal ontological
approach and an effective alternative that might help us get the
job done effectively. Please mark your calendars now and watch
out for the announcements (which will be out real soon) on that
session.  =ppy