Re: [ontolog-forum] Avoiding Hobson's Choice In Choosing An ntology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:30:19 -0700
Matthew,    (01)

Thank you very much for the response.    (02)

 > [MW] If you want a different view on this, I could give a
 > talk on ISO 18876 - integration of industrial data for
 > exchange access and sharing (IIDEAS). This provides an
 > architectural framework for integrating/federating and
 > what it involves.    (03)

[ppy] That would be wonderful!  Since coming up with some
"ontology-based applications" is one of the goals of our
"ontologizing the Ontolog body of knowledge" exercise, your ISO
18876 talk would definitely expose us to some of the things you
have already thought through that may be pertinent to our
exercise here. I'll try to schedule something with you off-line
and report back to the forum here.    (04)

Regards.  =ppy