Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog Invited Speakers - Mr. Jack Park & Mr. Patr

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:44:47 -0700
We had a wonderful session today with our invited speakers Mr.
Jack Park (SRI) and Dr. Patrick Durusau (INCITS/V1) who presented
their talk entitled: "Avoiding Hobson's Choice In Choosing An
Ontology."    (01)

Our appreciation goes out to our speakers for sharing their work
with us. We also want to thank Dr. Douglas Engelbart for joining
us today, and introduced our speakers. And, as always, thanks to
all the participants who joint us and contributed their valuable
insights during the discussion following the presentation.    (02)

Proceedings of today's session are captured at our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_04_27    (03)

The digitized (mp3) audio recording and podcast of the entire
session is available now. That will be archived in our knowledge
repository for reference and download by anyone interested. See
details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_04_27#nidMYB
Mr. Park & Dr. Durusau's input today adds yet another important
piece to this collective knowledge and intelligence that our
community is building.    (04)

Best regards.  =ppy    (05)

P.S. Please note that we have two intriguing invited speaker
session coming up:    (06)

Thursday, May 4, 2006 - Mr. Adam Cheyer from SRI International
will be presenting to the community on his talk entitled:
"Ontology Management in CALO, a Cognitive Assistant that Learns
and Organizes" ... ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_05_04    (07)

Thursday, May 11, 2006 - Dr. David Ferrucci from IBM's T.J.Watson
Research Center will present his talk entitled: "Putting the
Semantics in the Semantic Web: An overview of UIMA and its role
in Accelerating the Semantic Revolution" ... ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_05_11    (08)

Please mark your calendars now and RSVP (by e-mailing me
offline).  =ppy