[ontolog-forum] Re: Ontolog Invited Speaker - Dr. Denise Bedford - Thu

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:56:42 -0700
We had another very well attended Ontolog session today, Apr. 13,
2006. Dr. Denise Bedford (the World Bank Group) kicked-off our
series of events on "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge",
with her talk on: "Strategy for Developing an Ontology - First
Steps". The presentation was just wonderful!    (01)

Thank you very much, Dr. Bedford, for sharing with us your work
and insight, and for providing your guidance on how we could
approach this task of ontologizing our community content. Also,
as always, thanks to all who came, participated and helped
contribute to yet another great Ontolog Forum session.    (02)

The digitized (mp3) audio recording of the entire session has
now been posted. That will be archived in our knowledge
repository for reference and download by anyone interested. See
details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_04_13#nidMHA
Dr. Bedford's input today adds true value to this collective
knowledge and intelligence that our community is building.    (03)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (04)

P.S. Our major upcoming events already lined up, will include:    (05)

o  Thursday, Apr. 20, 2006, Dr. Denise Bedford will be back next
week to moderate "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge -
Discussion Session 1 - Framing the Issues, Requirements and
Approach" ... Please refer to details on the wiki session page
at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_04_20
and register to attend now by e-mailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline.    (06)

o  Thursday, Apr. 27, 2006, Mr. Jack Park (SRI) and Mr. Patrick
Durusau (INCITS/V1) will be presenting to the community on their
talk entitled: "Avoiding Hobson's Choice In Choosing An
Ontology". The talk will be about "Subject Maps"   ... watch out
for the announcement of this event, which will be coming out soon.    (07)

Mark your calendars now so that you won't missed these great
upcoming events.  =ppy