Re: [ontolog-forum] HITOP topic suggestions [was - Proceedings of the U

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marc Wine <marc.wine@xxxxxxx>
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:54:53 -0800
Hi Marc, Peter, Everyone,    (01)

I'm writing a report article on the Semantic
Technologies Conference, where the Ontolog Forum
was very well represented, to the extent that our
members may have comprised the largest contingent
from a single source, though most of our members
are also members of other constitutencies, too.
However, as I started work on this I found that I
must necessarily include the UOS, which I have
arranged to handle as a sidebar to the SemTech
overall article on: March 2006: Watershed for
Semantic Web.    (02)

So I am at my limit for new projects with both
the NCOR to HITOP briefing, the April 18th
Collaborative Expedition Workshop piece and the
upcoming OASIS Symposium Speaker Session, all of
which center on the Health Informatics Registry
our SIA Pilot group is developing. However, in
the course of these activities, I will keep this
in mind, as well, and I am certain that a
particular focus will emerge that I can suggest
to you, Marc.    (03)

Right now, of course, there is just a lot of
plain old fashioned work and study that has to
happen before that focus emerges. However, as I
work through this, I suspect that a specialized
viewpoint on Blackford Middleton's CITL analytic
framework of the 4 levels or stages of IT
evolution in the healthcare field will prove to
be the key focus.    (04)

Regards,
Rex    (05)

Rex Brooks