[ontolog-forum] Re: Proceddings of the Joint SICoP-Ontolog Discussion S

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sicop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: hit-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:09:31 -0800
We had a great joint SICoP-Ontolog session again today with Dr.
Brand Niemann (EPA, and Chair, SICoP) chairing a panel discussion
on "eGov-related Ontology Community Efforts: Differentiation &
Synergy."    (01)

Proceedings of the session is available at our wiki session page
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_11_10    (02)

Thank you very much, Dr. Niemann, for co-organizing the event
with Peter Yim from Ontolog, and for moderating the session.
Thanks are, of course, due to the our distinguished panel: Ms.
Suzanna Lewis (cBiO), Professor Barry Smith (NCOR), Mr. Peter Yim
(Ontolog), Dr. Pat Cassidy (ONTACWG/COSMO), Mr. Marc Wine (HITOP)
and Dr. Steven Ray (NIST), for sharing with us your insights.
And, as always, appreciations to all who came, participated and
helped contribute to yet another great joint SICoP-Ontolog event.    (03)

The digitized (mp3) audio recording of the entire discussion has
now been posted. That will be archived in our knowledge
repository for reference and download by anyone interested.
Additionally, for the next 10 days, telephone playback will also
available. See details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_11_10#nidH8Y    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (05)

P.S. Our next few Ontolog scheduled events have already been
lined up:    (06)

* AI and Ontological Engineering pioneer Dr. Douglas B. Lenat,
CEO of Cycorp, will be our invited speaker for November, and will
be presenting next Thursday, Nov. 17, 2005, on the topic: "CYC:
Lessons Learned in Large-Scale Ontological Engineering". Please
refer to our wiki session page for details:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_11_17    (07)

* Dr. James Spohrer who heads IBM's Services Science research at
the their Almaden Research Center, will be speaking to the
community on Thursday, Dec. 8, 2005. He talk is entitled:
"Services Science, Management, and Engineering (SSME)"    (08)

* Mr. Duane Nickull (Adobe) and Kurt Conrad (Sagebrush Group &
Ontolog co-convener) will be leading another scheduled discussion
on Thu 2005.12.15 on the topic of "Ontology Applications and
Implementation". Please refer to forum postings for more details
as this event develops.    (09)

Please mark your calendars to make sure you can be available for
these great events. RSVP now, if you are joining us next
Thursday 2005.11.17.    (010)

=ppy
--    (011)