[ontolog-forum] Proceedings of 2005.11.03 Healthcare Informatics Landsc

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:51:44 -0800
We had a great session again today with Dr. Bob Smith (Professor
Emeritus, California State University) moderating a panel
discussion on "Healthcare Informatics Landscapes, Roadmaps, and
Blueprints: Towards a Business Case Strategy for Large Scale
Ontology Projects - Take-II" which is presented as a follow-up
session to the highly successful first session we held on Aug.
25, 2005.    (01)

Proceedings of the session is available at our wiki session page
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_11_03    (02)

Thank you very much, Professor Bob Smith (co-organizer of the
event with Rex), for taking up the moderation responsibility on
short notice, when we learnt that Mr. Rex Brooks, who was
supposed to be running the session, got hospitalized last
Saturday (get well soon, Rex!). Thanks are, of course, due to our
distinguished panel, again, Professor Mark Musen, Professor
Christopher Chute, Mr. Conrad Bock, Mr. Mark Wine, Mr. David
Whitten and Dr. Brand Niemann, for sharing with us your insights,
as part of the panel. And, as always, appreciations to all who
came, participated and helped contribute to yet another great
Ontolog session.    (03)

The digitized (mp3) audio recording of the entire discussion has
now been posted. That will be archived in our knowledge
repository for reference and download by anyone interested.
Additionally, for the next 10 days, telephone playback will also
available. See details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_11_03#nidGPU    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (04)    (05)

P.S. Our next few major events have already been lined up.    (06)

     * Dr. Brand Niemann, from the US Environmental Protection
Agency and Chairman of SICoP, will be moderating a Panel
Discussion on "eGovernment-related Ontology Community Efforts --
Differentiation and Synergy". This event is scheduled for
Thursday Nov. 10, 2005 ... Please refer to details at the session
wiki page at
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_11_10    (07)

     * Dr. Douglas B. Lenat CEO of Cycorp will be our invited
speaker for November, and will be presenting to the community on
Thursday, Nov. 17, 2005.    (08)

     * Dr. James Spohrer from IBM Almaden Research will be our
invited speaker for December, and will be presenting to the
community on Thursday, Dec. 8, 2005.    (09)

Please mark your calendars. RSVP now, if you are joining us next
Thursday 2005.11.10.    (010)

  =ppy
--     (011)