Re: [ontolog-forum] Joint SICoP-Ontolog Discussion Session - eGov Ontol

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:06:03 -0700
Hi Adrian,    (01)

Thank you for offering your work for our Nov. 10 discussion.
While Brand will have a final say (since he is the
organizer/moderator for the session) on the matter, I,
personally, would suggest that:    (02)

(a) we are aiming at rounding up a panel that are representing
key communities working on eGovernment related ontologies. We are
hoping to explore how these *communities* can develop the right
differentiation and synergies, towards optimizing the effort and
resources invested by each community, and collectively as a
whole. As such, providing exposure to individual technologies is
not a focus of this session.    (03)

(b) besides, since the work you attached has been presented to
the SICoP community before (at the 2004.09.14 CEW) and is already
captured the our dynamic knowledge repository available for
citation and reuse (as you have done now), there is probably not
a lot of incentive to repeat that same work over again.    (04)

That said, you are most welcomed to join us at the session. I am
almost certain your participation will bring value to the discourse.    (05)

Thank you for your interest all along.    (06)

Regards.  =ppy