[ontolog-forum] Forum Archives updated for better spammer defense

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:42:04 -0700
I am happy to announce that all the forum archives within the open
Ontolog discussion space ([ontolog-forum], [ontolog-dev], [cctont-imp],
[health-ont], ... etc.) have now been upgraded to allow better
protection to our community users from getting spammed.    (01)

It will be less straight forward for spammers to mine our users' email
addresses from our public archives now. Key changes that have gone into
effect include:    (02)

1. full email address will no longer be shown on the html archived
message pages. Something like <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> or
<peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> will be show, instead.    (03)

2. the gzipped monthly archives (which contained the raw messages with
full header and body information) are no longer available as a public
download link as it used to be.  Those who have specific need the full
corpus of the archive (for example, for research purposes, machine
analyzes exercises, ...etc.) could contact me for them.    (04)

Also,    (05)

3. note, that email addresses that appears as content of a message (and
not the header/envelop information) will NOT be filtered. Which means,
if you cite a person's address (like some email client would do when
quoting an earlier message), or if you include your email address in
your signature block, these will show up on the archived (and can still
be mined). Please be aware.    (06)

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Jonathan Cheyer for his
support in making this upgrade possible.    (07)

Regards.  =ppy