[ontolog-forum] Protege Collaborative Development / Ontology Server

To: "[ontolog-dev]" <ontolog-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:52:50 -0700
Further to a discussion I had with Ray Fergerson of the Protege
Project/Stanford Medical Informatics, we are contemplating to set up a
server based Protege/ontology service, and a (multi-user) collaborative
ontology development Protege platform that will be hosted on the CIM3
infrastructure.    (01)

I promised Ray I'll start a thread here to work out the details, and to
solicit community input prior to doing the real setup.    (02)

I am hoping to have the services in place before our CCT-Ontology
translation work session (which is scheduled for Mon 2005.04.25 pm).
Therefore, we have about 1 week for discussion and comments, and one
week for setting up the servers.    (03)

May I start this off by asking Ray to point us to documentations that
are available for these two software products that we are about to
deploy. Are there links on your website that you can provide us with, Ray?    (04)

Comments, questions & suggestion welcomed from all.    (05)

Regards.  =ppy    (06)

P.S.  I am making a post to both [ontolog-forum] and [ontolog-dev] now
... but if this conversation start to get more involved (and low level),
we should actually do that under [ontolog-dev], which is designated for
"discussions relating to the development of the infrastructure and tools
for the community". Please note. If you are interested in the discussion
and aren't already subscribed there, this is the link to get yourself
subscribed: http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/ontolog-dev  =ppy