Re: [ontolog-forum] Protege Collaborative Development / Ontology Server

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kenneth Fields <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 17:45:20 +0800
I would be very interested in this over in the DAO area also.
What do you suggest? The ontolog-forum is perhaps a better
point of intersection then the dev level. The protege server really
makes the environment strong. What if WikiNames could
be linked directly to the ontology base.    (01)

This is a community goal I would think -  allowing the wiki knowledge
base
(perpetually under construction) to be immediately structured. Of
course,
under the wiki edit - you'd have to have a field for isASubclassOf. By
the same token - the ontology terms (imported or specified) would be
wiki terms which show up in our texts.    (02)

Many wiki sites have categorization schemes - like tikiwiki.org - which
are different then ontology schemes. If we could do this, then the
relationally
based terms would also have a structured aspect (beyond the
alphabetical index).
On the sidebar of the wiki you would have 'pages visited' and 'View
Ontology' - going
to the specific location of the WikiName in the ontology. Just think if
wikipedia did
this :).    (03)

Ken    (04)

On Apr 9, 2005, at 3:52 AM, Peter P. Yim wrote:    (05)