Re: [ontolog-forum] Invitation to an Ontolog technical discussion - Met

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:07:47 -0800
Our inaugural "technical discussion" session went REALLY well today!    (01)

We had a great turn out, and some of the most enlightening
discussion.    (02)

Brilliant idea on Kurt's part for proposing this "Scheduled
Discussion" type, as yet another regular activity for the
community. And, of course, kudos to Nicolas Rouquette for
proposing this topic, for laboriously preparing all the
background material, and suggested question we could collectively
explore, for moderating the session, and for taking notes of the
discussion.    (03)

Most importantly, thanks to each and everyone who came and
participated in the session. They generously shared with the
community, and the industry at large, their accumulated
knowledge, the challenges they are facing, and their insight as
to how some of these challenges may possibly be resolved.    (04)

Please refer to details on our wiki page for this
"Meta-Ontologies & Ontologies: practical considerations" session at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologDiscussion/MetaOntologies_And_Ontologies    (05)

Details on the audio recording (and, for a limited time,
telephone playback) is available at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologDiscussion/MetaOntologies_And_Ontologies#nid0100    (06)

As a reminder, next Thursday's regular conference call session
(Thu 2005.03.03 10:30am PST / 1:30pm EST) will be devoted to our
"Annual Strategic and Work Planning". Once again, Kurt Conrad,
our co-convener, will be facilitating the session. Makes sure you
come because the outcome of this session will heavily influence
the direction we will be going, as a community. Please mark your
calendar, and refer to Kurt earlier post (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2005-02/msg00013.html)
regarding this event.    (07)

Regards.  -ppy