[ontolog-forum] Need Help with Health Domains Ontology (Followup on RFI)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Brand Niemann" <bniemann@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:50:17 -0500
I attended the Federal Health Architecture-ONCHIT Meeting on Health Domains yesterday (see attached background presentaton and spreadsheet) and made the following suggestions for moving forward jointly (Ontolog/SICoP) and in the context of the RFI (for which they have about 500 responses) as follows:

(1) show how their 5 basic domains and examples under each can be mapped to say SUMO-WordNet; and

(2) how some examples of domain ontologies mentioned in the RFI would/or would not map well to (1) above.

They really liked this suggestion (maybe I could have worded it better), but this would show how you could help them and set the stage for a presentation to them soon if you are agreeable.

I am sure that you could offer significant improvements to their Health Domains structure - e.g., it looks like it might more logically all fall under say Health Care with subclasses like Access, Information, Administration, Services, Research, Education, etc., but your are the experts at this, not me, and also need to be compatible with the health domain ontologies that are already out there that would fall under this upper domain.

I hope we can discuss this in either today's meeting (I have to break off about 2:15 for another meeting) or in a separate conference call soon.

Brand