[ontolog-forum] Ontolog Invited Speaker Presentation - Dr. Christopher

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:53:09 -0800
Further to earlier announcements,    (01)

*Dr. Christopher Welty* (from IBM's Watson Research Center) will be
giving a talk at our weekly conference call session this Thursday.
The talk is entitled: "*An Overview of OntoClean*"    (02)

*Abstract*    (03)

The Computer Science field of Ontology has been progressing in a
scatter-shot manner, and there has been little attempt to formalize the
techniques used and lessons learned from research. OntoClean was one of
the first attempts to build a formal foundation for ontological
analysis, which helped identify the most common logical modeling
mistakes and the justifications for why they are, in fact, mistakes. In
this talk, Dr. Welty will present an overview of the OntoClean
methodology for ontological analysis, and highlight the common modeling
problems with examples.    (04)

*Conference Call Details: *    (05)