Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog Invited Speaker Presentation - Chris Menzel

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Susan.Turnbull@xxxxxxx
From: "PATRICK HEINIG" <PHEINIG@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 07:22:05 -0500
Peter,     (01)

I was sorry to miss this also but was delighted to hear about the recording
service.  It may be a godsend for those of us who get tightly booked.  I will
give it a try as I really wanted to expand my knowledge in this direction.      (02)

Doing "Wiki Work" furiously to open my new CODE site.  The project is off with
a roar.  I think I will try to capture the establishment of this CWE with a
"Birth of a Wiki" chronology.  Has anyone done this and submitted it to the
community.  I think if I can find time to document how this Wiki was
established, record problems, issues, and other formative events, even at a
simple level, it may be of benefit to those entering this space. What do you
think?    (03)

-ph    (04)

Patrick Heinig
Chief Enterprise Architect
The Bureau of Industry and Security
U.S. Department of Commerce    (05)

Herbert C. Hoover Building, Rm 6628
202-482-4848/4143
-------------------------------------------------------------------------    (06)

>>> peter.yim@xxxxxxxx 11/5/2004 2:10:37 AM >>>
On behalf of Ontolog, I would like to express our appreciations to
Professor Chris Menzel, once again, for joining us this morning, and
giving us the very interesting talk on "Simple Common Logic (SCL)."
Thanks, also, to Adam Pease, for suggesting this, and for making the
invitation, in the first place. Thanks also, to everyone who
participated in the session. We had a great turn out this morning.    (07)

The session proceedings, along with Chris' powerpoint slides (and
additional resources/links) are available at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_11_04     (08)

As I was mentioning at the session, we were experimenting with the
freeconference recording service. Looks like that went real well. (I had
prior engagements, and therefore, have not had time to go through the
entire recording, nor have I had time to post-process the digitized
audio file yet.)  I have, somehow, listened to a portion of the
recording through "telephone call-in", and it sounded great.    (09)

Therefore, for those who really wished they could have joined us, but
were unable to, you're in luck! You, (and those who are curious to find
out how this worked out too) can get the audio playback with a telephone
call-in, and listen to the session recording. Information about the
access is available at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_11_04#nid082
I have the mp3 file too, but would need to post-process it a little
before making it available from the ontolog site. So, stay tuned.    (010)

Regards.  -ppy
--    (011)

Peter P. Yim wrote Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:14:23 -0800:    (012)