Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings from Conference Call Thu 2004-10-07

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Palmer <mark.palmer@xxxxxxxx>, Chris Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>, Chris Welty <welty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark Musen <musen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:27:03 -0700
Another very productive session at our regular conference call today.
See details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_10_07    (01)

Note especially that we are having 4 invited speakers over the next 9~10
weeks. I'll be providing more information (both on the logistics and the
content) on each separately, as we getting closer to each event. Do mark
you calendars first, so that you won't miss these talks. The scheduled
dates are as follows; all events will be at 10:30am~12:00 noon PST /
1:30~3:00pm EST:    (02)

  o  Tue Oct. 26, 2004 - MarkPalmer
<http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MarkPalmer>  from NIST will
talk on his eBSC (eBusiness Standards Convergence) forum initiative
(note, in particular, that this is on a Tuesday, not our regular
Thursday conference call time. In fact, we are still planning to have
our regular Thursday call that week.)    (03)

  o  Thu Nov. 4, 2004 - ChrisMenzel
<http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ChrisMenzel> of Texas A&M
University will be giving us a tutorial on various families of logical
languages (description logic, frame logic, first order logic, ... etc.)    (04)

  o  Thu Nov. 18, 2004 - ChrisWelty
<http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ChrisWelty> from the IBM Watson
Research Center will be our invited speaker. Chris will actually be
calling in from Italy.    (05)

  o  Thu Dec. 9, 2004 - MarkMusen
<http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MarkMusen> from The Protege
Project & Stanford Medical Informatics will be our invited speaker.    (06)

Also, Adam Pease is expected to be releasing v0.4 of the [cctont] (eBXML
Core Component Type ontology) for review by the community imminently.    (07)

We are looking to all of you for review, feedback, contribution and to
join us at the aforementioned talks.    (08)

Best regards,
PPY    (09)