Re: [ontolog-forum] Knowledge Entry via SHAKEN

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 09:35:14 -0700
Hi Folks,
   I worked on the RKF project.  My assessment is that some useful tools
for aiding knowledge entry for very structured, domain specific content,
were developed under the project, but they are a very long way from
providing support for the sort of work that we are doing in axiomatizing
the core component types of UBL.
   A visual editor can remove the initial obstacle of learning a logical
notation, but doesn't solve the problem that in order to do formal ontology
development, many skills must be learned, and writing logic notation is the
easiest of those skills.    (01)

Adam    (02)