[ontolog-forum] UBL Liaison from the Ontolog Forum

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jon.bosak@xxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:37:36 -0700
All Memebrs of the Ontolog Community,    (01)

"It is time to formalize our relationship" (I'm citing Jon here) with
the OASIS UBL TC.    (02)

The UBL TC has been establishing liaison relationships with other
industrial and standards organizations as a means to assure that its
work get reviewed across a broad cross section of these bodies. (See:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/sc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl-lsc)    (03)

Cuurent industry data exchange standards organizations that have
appointed liaisons to UBL include ACORD (insurance), ARTS (retail
sales), ebXML Asia Committee (ebXML), e.centre (EAN.UCC), EIDX
(electronics), HL7 (health care), the Information Technology Standards
Committee of Singapore, NACS (convenience stores), the Open Applications
Group (OAGI), RosettaNet, SWIFT (banking), UIG (utilities), VCA
(prescription eyewear), UN/CEFACT ATG, UN/CEFACT TBG, ASC X12, XBRL
(accounting), the OASIS e-Government TC, and the OASIS CIQ TC.    (04)

I have just received an invitation from Jon Bosak (Chair of the UBL TC)
to join them as the UBL Liaison from the Ontolog Forum. Since I will be
representing Ontolog there, I would want to be "properly appointed" by
this community.    (05)

Let me move that "Peter Yim be appointed as Liaison to the OASIS UBL TC
from the Ontolog Forum".    (06)

I need a person to second the motion. We will then open the issue for
discussion (both on the forum and during calls/meetings) for 2 weeks,
and afterwards, deliberate.    (07)

Regards.  -ppy