[ontolog-forum] Re: OASIS Universal Business Language 1.0

To: sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: standard-upper-ontology@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Leo Obrst <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:30:54 -0400
John,    (01)

We have an open effort to ontologize at least a portion of the UBL
spec., as part of the Ontolog group, founded by some of us (Peter Yim,
Kurt Conrad, and I) in 2002, to address "ontologies meet business". We
created this as an outgrowth of prior Business-to-Business ontology work
we were involved in during the dot.com era.     (02)

There are currently a few projects going on, which you can discover at
the Ontolog web site and Wiki that Peter Yim is so graciously hosting
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/. The Wiki is at
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/. There, you'll see three
projects we're working on (me personally, very little these days, but we
have some energetic contributors such as Pat Cassidy, Adam Pease, whom
you know from the IEEE SUO, and many others):    (03)

     UblOntology - UBL Ontology Project    (018)
     ProtegeKIF - Protege-KIF Project    (053)
     CctRepresentation - CCT-Representation: Modeling / Formalizing
Representation of ebXML Core Component Types - Findings &
Recommendations    (071)     (04)

Perhaps you and others would like to join us in this effort?    (05)

I'm cc-ing the Ontolog forum, above too.    (06)

Thanks,
Leo    (07)