Re: [ontolog-forum]

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:12:27 -0700
Evan,    (01)

 >># Meeting / Workshop with NIST
 >>
 >>    * how about Fri 2004.07.09 afternoon?
 >>    * Probable Venue: NIST, Gaithersberg, MD
 >
 > [EW] What did you have in mind to do in this workshop and
 > what NIST folk did you envision as participating?    (02)

Off hand, I am thinking, more, by way of building rapport, and
exploring joint work that could be synergistic to both parties. If we
do see people working together virtually in the future, a face-to-face
to allow people to peg faces to names and email address will be
valuable. I believe the intent to do a f2f is the crucial thing to
establish now, the rest are details. We can then work that out between
those who will be there (from both ontolog-members and NIST.)
By the way, the Friday date was a possibility that Steve Ray suggested
when he and I were on the phone yesterday (we didn't go into this very
far though.)    (03)

 > FYI - I will be at the Protege conference and was seriously
 > considering preparing something for your Workshop on our work
 > in formalizing business models from OAGIS BoDs.  Does that
 > sound appropriate?    (04)

[PPY] That sounds fantastic. Yes, by all means. I'm sure Bob and Kurt
must be excited to receive your response.    (05)

 >># For those who are interested, you are invited to join us at a
 >>full-day "Intelligent Manufacturing" Workshop
 >>
 >>    * this is the 34th workshop in Susan Turnbull's Collaboration
 >>      Expedition Workshop Series that SteveRay and PeterYim
 >>      are co-leading
 >>
 >>    * Venue: NSF, Ballston, VA
 >
 > [EW] When?    (06)

[ppy] Good catch! ... It's going to be on Tue  13-July-2004. (I've
since added that back to the wiki -- see
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_July_2004#nid075)    (07)

Regards.  -ppy