[ontolog-forum] Program for the 2nd Ontolog face-to-face Meeting - July

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:41:29 -0700
Further to the confirmation of the July 6, 2004 workshop (co-organized
by BobSmith & KurtConrad; co-located with the Protege Annual
Conference) at NIH (Bethesda, MD), I have suggested, on behalf of the
ontolog forum, to arrange some joint meetings/workshops with various
related institutions in the Washington, DC area.    (01)

The people I talked to were very receptive (thanks to all) to holding
some joint function with us (if there are enough of us that will be
participating) while we are in town.    (02)

I have posted them as candidate programs on the wiki.
See:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_July_2004#nid03
They include:    (03)

# Meeting / Workshop with NIST    (04)

     * how about Fri 2004.07.09 afternoon?
     * Probable Venue: NIST, Gaithersberg, MD    (05)

# Joint Meeting / workshop with eGov - SICoP    (06)

     * being planned, how about Mon 2004.07.12?
     * Probable Venue: Army Engineers HQ Library, Alexandria, VA    (07)

# For those who are interested, you are invited to join us at a
full-day "Intelligent Manufacturing" Workshop    (08)

     * this is the 34th workshop in Susan Turnbull's Collaboration
       Expedition Workshop Series that SteveRay and PeterYim
       are co-leading    (09)

     * Venue: NSF, Ballston, VA    (010)

Please review, and add your name to the wiki if you are expecting to
come. We need a critical mass to get this off the ground. Members in
the East Coast ... please try to make it!!! (if you are uncomfortable
posting to the wiki, reply with a email post ... I'll add you onto the
wiki.)    (011)

.. Need answer quick, so that we can start working out the logistics
with our hosts in Washington. (Respond NOW if you can ...!)    (012)

Regards.  -ppy    (013)