Re: [ontolog-forum] [CCT-Rep] UBL whitepaper on Code vs Identifier & CCT

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "CRAWFORD, Mark" <MCRAWFORD@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Alan Stitzer <Alan.Stitzer@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:59:09 -0800
Thanks, Tim.    (01)

1. I've uploaded that to our file workspace, and that document --
"Code vs Identifier - The Definitive Paper" by Sue Probert and Mike
Adcock -- is now accessible as:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/resource/reference/UBL-ebXML/UBL-LCSC_Code-Identifier-Definitive_20020624.doc    (02)

2. Thanks for extracting the pertinent sections of the Core Component
Technical Spec (CCTS) to show us at the conference call yesterday. One
small issue, I noticed that the extract you were using was an excerpt
from CCTS v2.0 dated 2003-08-11. If I understand it correctly (please
correct me if I am wrong, anyone - Mark or Alan?), the latest version
of the CCTS is v2.01 dated 2003-11-15. I did check, and all the
pertinent material we were referencing at the call were identical in
both documents (there are some differences in section "10 References"
though.) Your extract is equivalent to pages 95-113 of the CCTS v2.01.    (03)

I suggest that, whoever is going to work on the modeling, formalizing
or ontological engineering of the CCT's to please make reference and
cite from the latest version (i.e. v2.01, unless we hear otherwise)
only. I have remarked on our meeting wiki page too (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_03_11_CCT#nid053).    (04)

Regards,
PPY

Tim McGrath wrote Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:36:20 +0800:    (06)