Re: [ontolog-forum] new Sigma installed

To: cassidy@xxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:25:12 -0800
Pat,
   It appears that the inference engine had gotten into a state where it
was returning invalid XML.  I'll try both to make the XML processor more
robust in the face of such an error, as well as see how I can get the
engine not to cause such an error in the first place.  In any case, I've
restarted the system and queries are functioning properly now, including
the query you posed.  If you see this bug in the future, and can report the
query that was run just prior to the problem appearing, that would be
helpful too.  Many thanks.    (01)

Adam    (02)

1.      (orbits PlanetEarth Sol)        [KB]     orbits PlanetEarth Sol
2.      (orbits PlanetEarth Sol)        1       orbits PlanetEarth Sol
3.      (instance PlanetEarth Planet)   [KB]    PlanetEarth is an instance
of Planet
4.      (instance PlanetEarth Planet)   3       PlanetEarth is an instance
of Planet
5.      (not
     (and
         (instance ?X1028 Planet)
         (orbits ?X1028 Sol)))   [Negated Query] ~{ ?X1028 is an instance
of Planet } or ~{ orbits ?X1028 Sol }
6.      (not
     (orbits ?X0 Sol))
(not
     (instance ?X0 Planet))      5       ?X0 is not an instance of Planet
7.      PlanetEarth     2 4 6   PlanetEarth    (03)