Re: [ontolog-forum] new Sigma installed

To: cassidy@xxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:06:04 -0800
Pat,
   Many thanks for the bug report.  I'll try to replicate and fix it.    (01)

   First order inference is not guaranteed to reach an answer, even if one
exists within a given knowledge base.  So, queries can fail to
return.  However, the time limit should cause the system to return "no" as
an answer, rather than fail to return.  If you can replicate that problem,
and send me the query you used, that would be very helpful.
   Sigma inference should perform similarly remotely or locally, since the
inference time dominates any network delays.  Browsing would probably be a
little snappier with a local installation.
   Keep in mind that Sigma is very much preliminary code that I'm just
starting to distribute, so unfortunately, we have to expect some
bugs.  Also, if people can put up with bugs, it should still be useful, if
frustrating at times.  Your bug reports will hopefully allow the system to
mature quickly.  Thanks for your feedback, and patience.    (02)

Adam    (03)