Re: Representation - KIF vs Protege [was Re: [ontolog-forum] Personas

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:48:57 -0700
Peter,
   If the model is created in KIF and then translated to Protege this might
work, but if the model is created in Protege and translated to KIF you'll
have the problems I mentioned analogous to writing C style in C++.
   It's good that Protege is familiar, and has a large user community, but
that line of argument could be extended to XML.  More people are familiar
with XML.  It has a larger user base and tool set, so why not just create
XML rather than worry about ontologies?    (01)

Adam    (02)