Access Code to the Conference Calls [was Re: [ontolog-forum] Call Today?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:20:24 -0700
Monica / Farruhk,    (01)

Sorry I wasn't able to respond to your messages in time to help ...
guess you both figured it out, since we did get both of you at the
conference call after all.    (02)

There are multiple ways a member could get the access code (passcode)
to a call. I'll try to list them for the benefit of people running
into a similar situation in the future:    (03)

1. If you are on the FreeConference invitation list, the call
information would have been sent to you in the original meeting
invitation mail (from FreeConference.com).    (04)

2. I would usually have set up a meeting wiki page (prior to the
call). Access to the particular page could be found at the bottom of
the UblObtology Project page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UblOntology    (05)

2(a) the passcode could be found, say, taking next Thursday's call as
an example, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Conference_Call_2003-07-03#nid016    (06)

3. Kurt would usually post an agenda prior to the call -- which you
would get in your email. He would have provided the call access code
there too.    (07)

3(a) Since all our email postings are archived, one would be able to
retrieve Kurt's agenda post (if he had done one) from the Forum
Archives via your browser. Take today's call for instance, that
information would have been available if you go into the list of posts
for 2003-06 at:
   http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/
and quickly scan through the current list of posts to find the
relevant "Agenda" post:
   http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2003-06/index.html    (08)

3(b) or, more exactly, in our case here, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2003-06/msg00032.html#nid03    (09)

4. Actually, one could almost guess .    (010)

4(a) The call in number has been 702-851-3330 ever since we had
started this weekly call series. Can't promise it won't change, but
that would be a good first number to try (even if you can't get to any
of the above information.)    (011)

4(b) You can also try guessing what the access code would be. I assign
that when I set up the calls. I would usually just use the "yymmdd"
date-code of the call's date for the access code (like today's
(2003-06-26) was "030626", and next Thursday's (2003-07-03) call code
will be "030703". There have been a couple of occasions which I was
not allowed to use this code (probably because someone else who had
scheduled a call during that same time window had already used it
before I did. My next choice would be "yyyymmdd" (as in "20030515",
which was the one used for our 2003-05-15 call). This would be your
next best guess, in case that first code got you into the wrong meeting.    (012)

Hope this will help in the future!    (013)

Regards,
PPY
--    (014)