Re: [ontolog-admin] [ontolog-forum] New Enterprise and IT Taxonomies

To: Frank Guerino <Frank.Guerino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:15:06 -0700
Hi Frank,    (01)

My main concern is in whether or not the content you are drawing our
community membership to (or is discussing with the community through
that solicitation) qualifies as "free or open" technology, or "open
content." The Ontolog CWE (collaborative work environment) is
specifically reserved for free and open material. If your material
qualifies, then we do not have a problem.    (02)

We do have specific constraints regarding commerical-promotion or
self-promotional material - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidLMK    (03)

There are exceptions, though:    (04)

* such as event announcements, calls for papers/participations,
recruitment announcements, and the like (for which the terms and
conditions of use are documented at the respective pages) - see links
below: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidRER    (05)

* we occasionally do provide opportunities to cover non-open material
... however, under those circumstances, special waivers would have
been in place - see, for example:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_01_27#nid2M1G    (06)

I do look forward to your sharing compliant work, or your opening up
work that is not under one of the compatible use licenses, so our
community, and the world at large, can benefit from the good work you
and your associates are doing.    (07)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy