Re: [ontolog-admin] 2nd Ontolog Implementation Panel

To: "Duane Nickull" <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>, "Kurt Conrad" <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:47:27 -0800
Duane & Kurt,    (01)

Time for me to follow-up with you guys on the "Ontology Applications &
Implementations (Take-II)" panel session preparation work. Since there
will be no calls on 11/9 & 11/23, your 11/30 session is actually only
2 sessions away!    (02)

Kindly e-mail me the following (or post the input directly to the
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_11_30/Prep
page, and notify me by e-mail when you're done):    (03)

1. overall session title and session abstract    (04)

2. list of issues (or questions for discussion) we plan to tackle at
this session    (05)

3. list of panelists/speakers    (06)

3a/b. each of their talk (a) titles and (b) abstracts    (07)

3c. e-mail address for any of them, if they are not already Ontolog members    (08)

3d. bio(s) for any of them, if they don't already a namesake page that
is informative enough on our wiki.    (09)

I would also need for you to inform all the panelists that:    (010)

4. we'll be subscribing them onto the [ontolog-forum] list  (ref. 3c
above) if they aren't already ... so that they can continue to
interact with the community. (Need their consent ... although we'll
take "no object" as a consent.)    (011)

5. that they are aware of the Ontolog IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32), and the
fact that we will be recording the session ... and will 'publish' such
as open content.    (012)

(5a. typical details for engaging a speaker on Ontolog can be
referenced at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-admin/2006-10/msg00009.html
)    (013)

6. Please ask them to look over the "Virtual Speaker Session Tips"
page at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpeakerSessionTips    (014)

7. To get a feel for the format and content for this event, please
suggest (I think Duane has already done it, may help to highlight
again) they look over the content of your last Panel Discussion
session on this topic at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_12_15
or the proceedings on other Ontolog events under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ    (015)

Can we have all of the above on or before 12-Nov-2006, that way, I can
compile the session page, and start announcing the event, please.    (016)

8. then we would need all the slide decks - let's put that deadline at
26-Nov-2006.    (017)

Please feel free to e-mail or call me if there is any question.    (018)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy
--    (019)