Re: [ontolog-admin] FW: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog Mini-Series: Ontology Me

To: "matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx" <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>, phismith@xxxxxxxxxxx, ray@xxxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 04:48:32 -0700
Thanks you, Matthew. I've blocked out Nov-16 for a 'Database &
Ontology' event already.    (01)

Steve & Barry,    (02)

Dec-7 is open now ... let me know (soon) so that I can lock that in
for you (if you decide to take it).  =ppy    (03)

ALL,    (04)

Regarding the picking of date, allow me to recap (for the Ontolog
program administrators and the archives). We, in general, try to keep
major events on our regular Thursday time slots (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-admin/2006-10/msg00001.html#nid06)
and try to coordinate among existing programs (with essentially a
first-come-first-served arrangement. When a program lead is planning
ahead, my suggestion is for him/her to review the two calendars:    (05)

(a) the Ontolog event calendar -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingsCalls    (06)

&    (07)

(b) the 'outside' calendar -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RelevantEventsOfInterest2006    (08)

... and pick dates that aren't already blocked off for other Ontolog
events (usually, we will just slip in regular/planning calls
in-between events on an ad hoc basis), and that there aren't major
outside events (like FOIS, ISWC, ExpeditionWorkshop, SICoP-events,
SemTech (http://semantic-conference.com/) and the like) that might
take away a significant portion of our potential participant.
(Usually, if we throw a candidate date out to the community, we hear
back, fairly quickly, if a series conflict is impending.)    (09)

Suggestions, comments, improvements ... welcomed, as always!    (010)

Regards.  =ppy
--    (011)