[ontolog-admin] Re: Ontolog Talks and Discussion Schedule - Jun/July-200

To: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bob Smith <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'[ontolog-admin]'" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 11:36:04 -0700
Rex, Bob & Duane,    (01)

What we have now on the planner, is:    (02)

# Ontolog Scheduled Discussion - Ontologies in Emergency Response
Applications (Moderators: RexBrooks & BobSmith) - Thursday
ConferenceCall_2006_08_10    (03)

# Ontolog Scheduled Discussion - Ontologies and Service Oriented
Architecture (Moderators: DuaneNickull & RexBrooks) - Thursday
ConferenceCall_2006_08_24    (04)

[ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/Ontolog-planning/Ontolog_Event_Plan_2006_20060309m.doc    (05)

&
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingsCalls#nidMF6 ]    (06)

Question: Do we really want to schedule these two discussions so
close to each other?    (07)

o Pros: (a) we can dig deeper into the subject matter (especially
where they overlap); (b) we can have these sessions leverage on
each other get some synergy from having two (related and
continuous) sessions rather than just one, and (c) this might
provide a better draw for participants    (08)

o Cons: (a) this demands a lot more of the organizers within a
short time; (b) our nominal plan is to only have one invited
speaker and one discussion session every month (and I was
actually we can return to that after the F2F), and (c) then, we
might lose participants because we are scheduling too many events.    (09)

The three of you should make the call. Please let me know:    (010)

(i) do you want to keep the session order (SOA after
EmergencyResp) or would you rather flip it around (and have
EmergencyResp after the SOA discussion, which I feel, makes more
sense, but that's only a personal opinion.)    (011)

(ii) do you still want to keep the two dates as stated above, or
would you rather shift one of them into September 2006.    (012)

(iii) If the latter, which one would we want to feature in
September, and please pick a date (Thursday, preferably) now.    (013)

Feel free to continue the e-mail discussion before deliberating.    (014)

Let's try to lock in the dates soon (rather than later) so that
things can start rolling.    (015)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy
--    (016)