[ontolog-admin] Re: Joint SICoP-Ontolog Discussion Session - eGov Ontolo

To: Suzanna Lewis <suzi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Marc Wine <marc.wine@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Steve Ray <ray@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mills Davis <mdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Barry Smith <phismith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mark Musen <musen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Pat Cassidy <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Brand Niemann <bniemann@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Peter F. Brown" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Dagobert Soergel <dsoergel@xxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 12:34:20 -0800
Suzi,    (01)

Thanks. I do see you wiki post
under:http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SuziLewis#nidHR1
Looks great!    (02)

I can help you move that content over to the right location for
easy access and comparison (to, say,
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=edit&id=ConferenceCall_2005_11_10/Ncbo_CBiO),    (03)

but I need help from you on the following:    (04)

1. clarify for me if CO & SO are distinct from (or a part of)
NCBO (cBiO) now, and what is your role with them.    (05)

2. We definitely need some content for the "Key
Differentiation..." and "What we can bring to the table..."
entries, as the theme of the panel discussion is "Ontology
Community Efforts: Differentiation & Synergy" (even if put
"eGov-related" aside for the moment.)    (06)

3. For the profile, you might want to refer to what Barry and I
have done for our respective communities:    (07)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_11_10/Ncor     (08)

&
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_11_10/Ontolog    (09)

4. For your slides, please refer to Brand's 11/1 post (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-admin/2005-11/msg00010.html#nid022)
Again, we just want to make sure the diverse audience gets an
introduction to each community represented, before we delve into
exploring collaboration and synergies.    (010)

You shouldn't need to spend a lot of time on this ... (there's
probably nothing you can't do off-the-cuff, all we need is
something the audience can anchor on.)    (011)

Thanks.  =ppy
--    (012)