[ontolog-admin] Re: Represent Ontolog Forum on SICoP Panel ?

To: Adrian Walker <adrianw@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:32:50 -0700
Hi Adrian,    (01)

Thank you for your offer.    (02)

Per discussion at last week's SICoP-Ontolog joint call (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_08_12#nid074)
I'm supposed to coordinate with all those who plan to be there to work
out who is going to represent us at the panel. You, of course, are among
them.    (03)

The reason why I haven't communicated everyone yet, is that I have been
in communication with Irene, who has indicated, as she has informed you,
that Ralph Hodgson who is putting the panel together, has some new
direction that he is working on. I am still in conversation with Ralph
to get clarification on where he is going with the program before I can
work with the team.    (04)

I am not planning to speak on the panel, but my thinking is to select a
member to represent us based on seniority (how long a person has been
with the community actively), how well they know the people and the
ontolog story (those who had been at our 2 face-to-face workshops will
have an advantage), and then their contribution to the community (those
who are participating in current projects will have an advantage), and,
of course, their willingness to do it.    (05)

I am glad you are one of the candidates. Stay tuned. I did tell Irene
that I would hope to get back to her by the end of this week as much as
I can.    (06)

Regards,
PPY

Adrian Walker wrote Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:10:39 -0400:    (08)