[ontolog-admin] Starting a new project at Ontolog

To: Adrian Walker <adrianw@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 07:02:42 -0700
Hello Adrian,    (01)

Thank you for your active participation at the Ontolog-Forum.    (02)

I noticed from your wiki postings that you may be contributing some
tools and might want to start a new project at Ontolog,
While the community is still developing work protocols as we move along,
and things are somewhat fluid and flexible, we also have some precepts
and charter process that we would always want to fall back to. Of
particular relevance is our "open" IPR policy (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage#nid036), and the OASIS
TC process which we default to (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage#nid045). In the case of
starting/terminating a new project/sub-project, the OASIS process of
starting or terminating a TC/SC would be relevant.    (03)

By the way, I wasn't exactly sure whether or not your software tools are
open sourced (and, if so, which free-software or open-source license is
applicable) by visiting your reengineeringllc.com website. Please enlighten.    (04)

Maybe we could have a phone conversation, at your earliest convenience,
to see how I can help you with your initiatives , and to clarify some of
the fine points, so that ontolog can stay true to its mission. Let me
know what would be a good time to talk.    (05)

Thanks & regards,
PPY