[ontolog-admin] [CCT-Rep] project work session 2004.06.15

To: Garret Minakawa <garret.minakawa@xxxxxxxxxx>, Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim McGrath <tmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nenad Ivezic <nivezic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sue Probert <sue.probert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jon Bosak <jon.bosak@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontolog-Admin Forum <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Evan Wallace <ewallace@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Alan Stitzer <Alan.Stitzer@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:00:14 -0700
Hi Folks,    (01)

It's about time we kick this project into high gear. We need to have
work results to show by our July 6~9, 2004 face-to-face meetings in
Washington DC, and, more importantly, (and hopefully) a compelling
position by the time we (ontolog presenting its CCT-ontology) share
the platform with ebXML-CCT and UDEF on Aug.3, 2004 in Orlando at
their EIDX Conference (on Jon Bosak's moderated panel).    (02)

In view of Jon's solicitation (attached below) for discussion and
comments on Tim's explanation/position paper on CCTS schemas
together with recommendations for UBL's position going in to the
ATG2 meeting in Walldorf, Garret, Adam and I are going to have a work
session on Tuesday 2004.06.15, starting 1:30pm at Oracle (thank you,
Garret, for hosting us.)    (03)

During the session, we plan to get advanced Adam's first cut of the
CCT-ontology (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-02/msg00045.html) to
the next level (completing it; incorporating ebXML-CCT, UBL, OAG
perspectives ... etc.). Through that work, we would be in a slightly
better position to make concrete suggestions. We are intentionally
keeping the group small, so that we can move swiftly forward.    (04)

I invite those on this routing -- especially Tim, Nenad and Sue (if at
all possible) -- to call in (even if briefly) and share with us your
views and experience during the ontology development process (which
will essentially be authored by Adam himself). Kindly RSVP by end-of
day Monday 2004.06.14 if you are planning to join in, so that we can
make appropriate moves on setting up the conference call.    (05)

Regards,
PPY    (06)

========= Jon Bosak's solicitation ========    (07)