[ontolog-admin] Invitation to Speak at the ONTOLOG-FORUM

To: Brand Niemann <niemann.brand@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Susan Turnbull <susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Tony Stanco <stanco@xxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Brand Niemann <bniemann@xxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 06:26:56 -0800
Dear Brand,    (01)

Further to our discussion last week (when I was attending your
remarkable Emerging Technology Component conference at FOSE), I have
the pleasure in confirming the invitation to you to speak during one
of our regular ontolog-forum weekly conference calls in April 2004.
Our calls are generally scheduled for Thursdays, 1:30pm to 3:00pm
Eastern Time. The event will be in the form of a virtual presentation
(approx. 45 min.) over a phone conference that is augmented by online
presentation material, followed by an open discussion (about 30 min.).    (02)

As mentioned, the other [ontolog] co-conveners and I are looking
towards bringing some of our activities at [ontolog] to more closely
align with pertinent government strategies and initiatives; and to
foster working relationships with government groups that are working
on similar topic areas. Your talking to the group and affording us a
chance to have an open dialog would be most helpful towards that end.    (03)

As a starter, may I suggest Thu 15-Apr-2004 1:30~3:00pm EST. If that
doesn't work, maybe you could see if 4/8 or 4/22 might work for you.    (04)

I shall look forward to receiving from you:    (05)

(a) a confirmation of the above speaking date (or provide alternatives
so that we can quickly tie the date down),    (06)

(b) a short biographic sketch of yourself. In addition, if you can
provide (links to) slightly more extended bio/intro of you and your
work, that would be even better. It would be fine if you just supply
the URL's to these material (if something appropriate is already
available online),    (07)

(c) a title of your talk, and    (08)

(d) an abstract of your talk (a few sentences will do).    (09)

Once I get the above, I will start circulating the information among
the community, so that people could mark their calendars and plan to
attend. Closer to the time, I will coordinate with you on getting your
powerpoint or other presentation material online, so that they could
be accessed virtually during the talk.    (010)

For your reference, please feel free to check out the wiki pages of
similar recent presentations, like the ones given by Leo Obrst of
MITRE (see
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Conference_Call_2004-01-15),
or by Steve Ray of NIST (see
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_02_12).    (011)

Once again, thank you very much for agreeing to speak to, and having a
dialog with our community. I shall look forward to the event, and to
collaborating with the eGov initiatives that you, Susan and Tony are
spearheading.    (012)

Sincerely,
PPY    (013)

Peter P. Yim