[ontolog-admin] Re: Invitation to Speak at the ONTOLOG-FORUM

To: Brand Niemann <bniemann@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Susan Turnbull <susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Tony Stanco <stanco@xxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:58:02 -0800
Brand,    (01)

Thank you very much for the prompt response, and the material you have
forwarded.    (02)

 > I would prefer either April 8th or 22nd ...    (03)

Let's confirm the Thu 22-Apr-2004 1:30pm to 3:00pm EST time for the
session.    (04)

We now have (a) a date -- as above and (b) your bio. How about if I
use the following for (c) the title and (d) the abstract of your talk?    (05)

//
TITLE: Harmonizing Semantics in E-Government    (06)

ABSTRACT: Dr. Brand Niemann will be talking to us about some of the
E-Government initiatives that he is involved in -- including work
related to the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA), Data and
Information Reference Model (DRM) and Web Services Semantic
Interoperability Community of Practice.
//    (07)

Kindly review the above draft, and make whatever modification you see
fit. I'll start the presentation session wiki page once I get back the
confirmed copy and/or the ok from you. With that, I will make the
announcement to the community.    (08)

I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that Marion Royal
from GSA (who is also a member of the ontolog community) had
previously spoken to our group (during our Nov-2003 face-to-face
workshop in San Francisco) under the title "E-Gov Status and Reference
Model Developments" (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_Nov_2003#nid0126).
  Material that he has covered could probably be glossed over, so that
we can hear more from you as to how you see CoP's like the ontolog
forum can effectively contribute to the goals you have in mind.    (09)

Once again, thank you for agreeing to talk to us.    (010)

Thanks & regards,
PPY    (011)

P.S. My apologies for the follow-up phone call. I obviously did
receive the message. Somehow, despite the fact that you posted it last
evening, there were system delays, to the extent that it did not
arrive until after I had checked my email this morning.  -ppy
--    (012)

Brand Niemann wrote Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:01:35 -0500:    (013)