[ontolog-admin] Re: Invitation to speak at an ontolog-forum conference

To: Steve Ray <ray@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:04:51 -0800
Steve,    (01)

Thank you very much for the prompt response.    (02)

 > I thought I had sent that to you back in December ...    (03)

You probably had, and I apologize. It could have been lost through the
chaotic mess of spam and spam filters that your messages had to fight
to get through.    (04)

 > I can participate in your 2/12 call    (05)

This is most wonderful.  On behalf of the forum, may I thank you
sincerely, for taking your time.    (06)

 > I guess the Ontolog Wiki pages are the best resource to educate
 > myself further on your context?    (07)

Yes. That, and possibly the message archive too. One convenient (and
easy to remember) on ramp to the ontolog space would be
http://ontolog.cim3.net    (08)

In fact, Leo Obrst just gave a presentation this morning, at our
regular conference call. You might take a look at the relevant message
thread at
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2004-01/msg00050.html (or
the wiki page at
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Conference_Call_2004-01-15 )
to get a feel for how we process that. Figuring about 45 minutes for
the talk, and then another 20-30 minutes for Q&A and discussions would
be appropriate.    (09)

Of course, we are open to suggestions all the time. Let us know how
you would want to do it.    (010)

Would you be kind enough to send me:    (011)

(a) A title for your talk, and    (012)

(b) A short bio of yourself, to allow me to properly introduce you to
the community.    (013)

I'd need the above at your earliest convenience. And then, closer to
the time, we would also need,    (014)

(c) an electronic version of your presentation, plus whatever other
material (references, links, etc.) you may want to disseminate.    (015)

Furthermore, you are most welcomed to add-to/modify the wiki page that
features your presentation too, once that is up (say, about a week or
two before the event).    (016)

Let me know, anytime, if you have any question.    (017)

Thanks & regards,
PPY
--    (018)