[ontolog-admin] Message Formatting to Facilitate Future Retrieval

To: Patrick Cassidy <cassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:23:56 -0800
Pat,    (01)

Once again, great work that you are sharing with us all. Thank you!    (02)

I am writing to request that you might help by consciously putting a
blank line in between paragraphs (or key ideas in your messages.)    (03)

Reason being, our system automatically generates "purple numbers"
(see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PurpleNumbers) to each
paragraph and each point on a (number) ordered list or (bullet)
unordered list . That way, documents can be accessed and
referenced/linked into, at finer granularity. The issue is that, the
current software can only discern that it is a separate paragraph if
there is a blank line in between, and hence my request.    (04)

Referring to your recent posts, you can see that your message at
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2004-01/msg00039.html is
much "better" (in the sense of providing better support to the above
PurpleNumbers scheme) formatted, if compared to, say,
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2004-01/msg00041.html    (05)

And, even, in, message
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2004-01/msg00039.html, it
  would improve future reference, if, say for example, the (1) and (2)
below point (5) are all separated by blanks lines between them. (see
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2004-01/msg00039.html#nid023
)    (06)

The longer term vision, is for each PurpleNumbered object to be
treated as a node of a knowledge network. We are only at the "capture"
phase here ... but it will be helpful if we could, at least, do this
well. Then, maybe one day, some genius will come in with the right
access structure and mechanism, and help make the knowledge more
accessible and reusable. :-)    (07)

Keep up the great work!    (08)

Best regards,
PPY