[ontolog-admin] Re: [ontolog] RE: Open Letter to Web Services, Semantic

To: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ron Schuldt <ron.l.schuldt@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jon Bosak <jon.bosak@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: john hardin <johnchardin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:13:35 -0700 (PDT)
Peter,
Thanks for the update. Should I post to the ontolog-forum address at ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or has it been posted already? I couldn't find it with a quick scan of the archive.

thanks
john

"Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ron & John,

I just returned from a trip, and therefore, did not manage to prompt
John on his last post. Kindly note that posting address and message
archives to the [ontolog-forum] has changed since end Jan. 2003.

Ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2003-01/msg00023.html
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2003-02/msg00000.html
&
http://ontolog.cim3.org/forums/ontolog/

As such, the proper address for posting/contributing to the
[ontolog-forum] is at .

By the way, John, while the [ontolog-forum] has, among its charter,
the identification of ontological engineering approaches that might be
applied to the UBL effort (and does share some common membership), the
OASIS-UBL-TC and [ontolog-forum] are, nonetheless, *independent*
communities of practice. Please note.

Best of luck to your endeavors. Let's stay in touch and keep posting
each other of our progress.

Regards,
PPY
--

Schuldt, Ron L wrote Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:32:44 -0600:

> To those who are considering subscribing to the udefbuilders@xxxxxxxxxx
> list, I offer the following additional
> information:
>
> The primary purpose of the list, as implied by its name, is to identify
> those subject matter experts that will be called upon to help build out
> the UDEF tree structure ontologies. As many of you know, the plan is to
> transfer UDEF tree structures to a suitable global not-for-profit
> organization with the resources necessary to build the hardware/software
> infrastructure and to promote and educate users in the use of the UDEF.
> Since the UDEF will require extensions to accommodate new data element
> concepts (previously not mapped), there is a need to identify subject
> matter experts that can objectively and authoritatively add new branches
> to the UDEF tree structures.
>
> Once the UDEF is transitioned to the suitable global not-for-profit, the
> subject matter experts will participate in the UDEF extension control
> process. Until that point in time (tentatively the first quarter of
> 2004), the udefbuilders@xxxxxxxxxx open
> forum will provide the means to learn how to extend the UDEF and to
> expand in those areas where subject matter experts have been identified.
> An example topic that requires subject matter expertise is
> the "mineral" UDEF object. This topic will require chemists,
> physicists, and geologists subject matter experts to expand the tree
> structure.
>
> Much (50-60%) of the current UDEF is based on "product" and "document"
> configuration management subject matter expertise provided by the G-33
> Committee of GEIA and their EIA-836 "Configuration Management Data
> Exchange and Interoperability" standard. They are the same committee
> responsible for ANSI/EIA-649 "National Consensus Standard for
> Configuration Management" a best practices standard that is highly
> sought by many companies across the globe. See
> http://www.geia.org/sstc/G33/index.htm for additional details. A major
> part (20-25%) of the remainder of the UDEF is based on mappings to the
> purchase order transactions from ANSI X12, EDIFACT, OAGIS, RosettaNet,
> and xCBL.
>
> Another goal of this open forum is to establish a global "critical mass"
> level of support for the UDEF. Last week's UDEF Conference in St. Louis
> provided a strong signal of support among the
> 40+ companies/organizations represented in the attendance.
>
> Best Regards!
>

> Ronald L. Schuldt
> Co-Chair, AIA Electronic Enterprise Working Group
>
> 303-977-1414
> ron.l.schuldt@xxxxxxxx

=== message truncated ===

*********

john hardin

webservices_integrations -- businessmodels::analyst::architect::manager

http://www.geocities.com/johnchardin/