Re: [ontolog-admin] Re: Time slot "A" best ... wiki 101

To: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Bob Smith <robsmith5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Leo Obrst <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:31:23 -0500
Although I can't participate, I would suggest following the
Methontology/OntoClean ontology development methodology, if you want a
methodology. We tried to follow Methontology (before its recent fusion with
OntoClean) at a B2B startup 3 years back when we developed ontologies for
business.    (01)

Leo    (02)

"Peter P. Yim" wrote:    (03)

> Bob,
>
> Since you are the only respondent, I will not need to setup a
> conference call.
>
> You can call you directly at 1:30pm today at 650-578-9998 number to do
> a session, just between the two of us (if you still feel like doing
> it.) Let me know either way.
>
> Again, I'll make available a vnc shared screen session.
>
> Please point your browser to:
>
>     http://vnc3.cim3.net:5800/
>
>     view-only password:        "ontolog"
>     view-and-control password: "ontology"
>
> I'll have the VNC server up before the 1:30pm PST meeting time. Again,
> your browser needs to be java-enabled. Your internet connection should
> best not be behind a firewall (or, if so, please open up ports 5800 &
> 5900 in your firewall.)
>
> Regards,
> PPY
> --
>
> Peter P. Yim wrote Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:30:18 -0800:
> > Hi Bob,
> >
> > Thank you for the message.
> >
> > Your suggestion of taking Noy & McGuinness' Ontology-101 7 steps process
> > and putting them up on our project wiki is great! I would suggest that
> > you propose that (since that's your idea in the first place) to the forum.
> >
> > If the response is similarly positive from the rest of the community
> > (or, at least, non-negative), then either you, or I (if you want me to)
> > can hoist that up ... or we could even use that as a "getting familiar
> > with wiki" exercise.
> >
> > Will get back to you on the side-session once we get more feedback ...
> > so far, you're the only respondent.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > PPY
> > --
> >
> > Bob Smith wrote Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:07:21 -0800:
> >
> >> Hello Peter,
> >>
> >> Thanks for setting this up.
> >>
> >> Time slot "A" works for me. [(a) Thu 3.13.03 1:30pm-3:00pm PST]
> >>
> >> I have a question:
> >>
> >> Noy and McGuinness's Ontology 010, is a great start at the general
> >> design methods. Could their 7 steps might be considered as separate
> >> linked Wiki pages that we expand and amplify with Protégé as the
> >> project evolves??
> >>
> >> Step 1: Determine scope & domain; Write a half dozen "Competency
> >> Questions";
> >>
> >> Step 2: Reuse [parts] of existing ontologies
> >>
> >> Step 3: List important terms in the UBL Order Domain Ontology...
> >>
> >> etc.
> >>
> >> Thanks again,
> >>
> >> Bob
> >> Tall Tree Labs
> >> robsmith5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> To Post: mailto:ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-admin/
> Community Portal: http://ontolog.cim3.net/    (04)

Dr. Leo Obrst  The MITRE Corporation
mailto:lobrst@xxxxxxxxx Intelligent Information Management/Exploitation
Voice: 703-883-6770 7515 Colshire Drive, M/S H305
Fax: 703-883-1379       McLean, VA 22102-7508, USA    (05)