mini-series-org

Re: [EarthScienceOntolog] 3rd organizing committee meeting (telecon)

To: EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:04:18 -0700
Dear All,    (01)

Thanks to the participation of DaliaVaranka, MarkSchildhauer,
KrishnaSinha, LeoObrst, GaryBergCross & PeterYim, we had a very
productive meeting.    (02)

The full proceedings (including the session transcript and audio
archive) are now available online - see under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog/GettingOrganized#nid3GBH    (03)

In particular,    (04)

* preparation work for session-4 is coming along fine; Dalia and Mark
will continue to move things forward.    (05)

* we are planning to carve out the final speaking slot on session-5
for KrishnaSinha and Leo to do a conclusion/next-steps piece, as a
wrap-up for the entire series.    (06)

* Krishna will make an attempt to invite NSF folks over to do a 5
minutes within that wrap-up as well.    (07)

* it was pointed out, during the call, that the planned session-5 date
is in conflict with the AGU Fall Meeting - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog/GettingOrganized#nid3GCL
... and it is recommended that this date be re-scheduled.    (08)

** to that end (with the confirmation from MikeDean and NancyWiegand,
our co-chairs) we have rescheduled session-5 of the
EarthScienceOntolog mini-series on Thu 2012.12.13 starting 12:30pm EST
/ 9:30pm PST / 1730 UTC ... please mark your calendars.    (09)

Thanks & regards. =ppy
--    (010)

Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki