mini-series-org

Re: [EarthScienceOntolog] Earth Science Ontology Dialog

To: Ann Bax <ann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 09:49:11 -0700
Hi Ann,    (01)

Thank you for your message.    (02)

A recent post from Professor Krishna Sinha (convener of the EarthCube
"Semantics and Ontologies" group) clarifying the scope for this
mini-series, as to what "Earth Science" embraces here, should
alleviate your worries - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/2012-08/msg00017.html    (03)

As for the timing of our sessions (not being conducive to attendance
from your part of the world,) I am glad to let you know that the full
proceedings of our panel sessions will be archived and openly
available online afterwards. In fact, if we look back on past events,
over 95% of Ontolog event "participants" do so asynchronously, by
accessing the our archived events and interacting with the rest of the
community via the mailing lists.    (04)

... As such, we shall continue to look forward to the engaging you and
your colleague.    (05)

Thanks & regards. =ppy    (06)

Peter P. Yim
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PeterYim    (07)

p.s. ... for a taste of what the "final product" will look like (with
all artifacts of the session fully archived), please refer to a
similar earlier session at -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2012_03_08

Message Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/mini-series-org/
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki