iaoa-swao

Re: [iaoa-swao] SWAO SIG July 7 meeting?

To: "'IAOA SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology SIG'" <iaoa-swao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Frank Loebe" <frank.loebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 23:54:37 +0200
Hi Mike and all,    (01)

> I have been working on the assumption of a July 7 (first Monday) meeting.    (02)

That fits what was discussed in the last meeting.    (03)

> So I guess we need to get the notice out tomorrow (Wednesday).    (04)

Yes, that'd be reasonable.    (05)

> Again we should use the previous agenda as the basis for this one. Any
> additions / tweaks to the agenda over and above that?    (06)

I think we should mention again the new status of relevant IAOA
infrastructure issues, especially conference bridge, mailing list, and
website.    (07)

> I see we haven't posted the "outcome" notes from this meeting and I don't
> have them to hand,     (08)

I have just distributed them, being sorry for the time taken.     (09)

> but I recall offering my (EDM Council's) GoToMeeting in
> the absence of anything else for this month's call.    (010)

Yes, you did. Meanwhile, matters develop in a way where IAOA will be
providing the conference bridge for a few more months, at least. There are
some administrative problems that have delayed implementing that, but I
believe that should be available on July 07. If so, there will be new call
data which I'm not yet aware of.    (011)

Against this background, I propose to announce the meeting on Wed, Jul 02,
but leave the call number/Skype contact and the related PIN still open.
Another message can update call details before the meeting, where we could
then use the "usual" conference bridge (via new access, I expect). Only if
this does not turn out to materialize, we may fall back to your GoToMeeting
account. (Note: the [iaoa-swao] archive is publicly accessible, i.e., we may
need to be careful with your GoToMeeting call data, if it should be
distributed.)    (012)

on meeting notes:    (013)

Eventually, I need to state a follow-up on note-taking vs. distributing
edited notes of meetings. While I'm happy to try and take notes _during_ a
SWAO SIG meeting in which I'm present, unfortunately I cannot volunteer to
provide the edited notes afterwards. (I think I haven't made this clear
enough at the beginning last time, therefore I have now produced the edited
version of last time, given the expectation that that was assigned to me.)
I'm sorry, the delay was unintended, but I already have more workload of
this type than I can reasonably cope with. Hence I'm forced to avoid
additions to that stack.    (014)

Thanks and best regards,
Frank    (015)

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-swao/
File-share: http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/SIG/SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology/
SIG Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_SWAO_SIG
Activities Blog: http://iaoa-activities.blogspot.com/ ...(coming!)
To join: please email the SIG conveners or to: info[at]iaoa.org
IAOA website: http://iaoa.org     (017)