iaoa-swao

[iaoa-swao] [workshop proposal v.11] RE(3): IAOA - SWAO SIG - PC list fo

To: "'IAOA SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology SIG'" <iaoa-swao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Frank Loebe" <frank.loebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 23:27:07 +0100
Hi,    (01)

please find attached version 11 of the full proposal, based on Andrea's
version with a few more minor edits in section 3. Motivation and 4. Topics.
Andrea's as well as my changes are still marked up in the file. My edits
concern mainly uniformity/capitalization issues, except for changing
"Ontological analysis and _other_ formal methodologies ..." into "...
_related_ formal methodologies ..." (since "other" appears very broad to
me).    (02)

The second attachment ("...TopicVariants") contains slight topic list
variations (note: changes as in v11 are accepted therein):
* "version 11b": a flat list, merely a bit reordered
* "version 11c": the same ordering of v11b, but with a level of "headings"
added that yields 4 topic clusters (and might explain that ordering to some
extent)    (03)

With hindsight, I'd personally minimally favor v11b (flat list, in plain
text below), but overall that's just a proposal; I see v11 (as in the main
file) as another viable option.    (04)

Best regards,
Frank    (05)

== version 11b ==    (06)

.       Tackling the semantic heterogeneity, complexity, and variety
problems in Big Data with ontologies and reasoning
.       Ontology-driven open data integration
.       Ontological analysis and related formal methodologies for the
Semantic Web and Linked Data
.       Developing common reusable semantic content
.       Overcoming ontology engineering bottlenecks
.       Providing and enhancing community semantic resources (ontology
registries and repositories, vocabulary-ontology mappings, data and ontology
transformations, automated ontology acquisition and maintenance, etc.)
.       Agile ontology deployment and evolution for the Semantic Web and
Linked Data
.       Lightweight, intensive, and hybrid reasoning using ontologies,
vocabularies, and rules
.       Making use of ontologies: tools, services, and techniques
.       Collaborative ontology development and usage requirements for
large-scale internet and intranet ontology applications
.       Ways to use ontologies and linked data for participatory governance
of large systems    (07)

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-swao/
File-share: http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/SIG/SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology/
SIG Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_SWAO_SIG
Activities Blog: http://iaoa-activities.blogspot.com/ ...(coming!)
To join: please email the SIG conveners or to: info[at]iaoa.org
IAOA website: http://iaoa.org     (01)