iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-education] IAOA summer school: preliminary budget

To: IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Claudio Masolo <masolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Werner Kuhn <werner.kuhn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:56:41 +0000
Ah, this sounds good, I did not know about the registrations of interest.
best,
werner

--
Werner Kuhn
Institute for Geoinformatics

Complexity is a symptom of confusion, not a cause. (Jeff Hawkins)

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Stefano Borgo wrote:

Dear Werner and all,

about 60 people registered to be informed on the school. The large majority seems to be genuine names/addresses.
Our guess is that 50 people is in our reach.
Trento university and FBK provide rooms and internet for free, we also use their cafeteria for lunches at a reasonable cost and, beside that, we do not have sponsors. The IAOA can only receive donations and we work completely within the IAOA umbrella.
Ideally, one can think that part of the lump of money for grants could cover losses due to low registration. It is anyway money used to keep the fee low.
Donations even from outside Trento are warmly welcome, of course.

On a second issue:
which documents should we request in the website for the assignment of grants?
Claudio and I take it that the EC is in charge of the grant distribution...
The registration will open in two days so we would appreciate a quick discussion/decision

Cheers
-S