iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-education] [iaoa-council] IAOA summer school: preliminary webp

To: IAOA Executive Council <iaoa-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Stefano Borgo <stefano.borgo@xxxxxx>, Claudio Masolo <masolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, IAOA education <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Laure Vieu <vieu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 09:41:26 +0100
Thanks Claudio and Stefano, nice page
(but font a little too small to my eyes)    (01)

one remark. the text describing the structure of the course seems
incoherent to me.
you say:    (02)

"Structure and Instructors    (03)

The first day introduces the participants to the domain of ontological
analysis and gives background information on logic and its use in
ontology. From the second to the fifth day there will be 4 courses (two
in the morning and two in the afternoon, 1h45m each) as follows:    (04)

Christiane Fellbaum, Dept. of Computer Science, Princeton University,
Ontology, semantics, and cognitive linguistics    (05)

Chiara Ghidini and Luciano Serafini, Bruno Kessler Foundation, Trento,
Logical tools for ontological analysis    (06)

Nicola Guarino, Laboratory for Applied Ontology ISTC-CNR, Trento,
Introduction to Applied Ontology    (07)

Giancarlo Guizzardi, Dept. of Computer Science, Federal University of
Espírito Santo,    (08)

Ontology-driven conceptual modelling
Kevin Mulligan, Dept. of Philosophy, Université de Genève,
Ontological analysis: the philosophical perspective "    (09)

I understand that Nicola will be the one to give the introduction on the
first day, while this text places Nicola among the list of the 4 courses
given in the rest of the week ("4 courses as follows:") and this list in
fact has 5 items.    (010)

perhaps you could rather write:    (011)

Structure and Instructors    (012)

The first day introduces the participants to the domain of ontological
analysis and gives background information on logic and its use in
ontology. From the second to the fifth day there will be 4 courses (two
in the morning and two in the afternoon, 1h45m each).    (013)

Day 1:    (014)

Nicola Guarino, Laboratory for Applied Ontology ISTC-CNR, Trento,
Introduction to Applied Ontology    (015)

Days 2-5:    (016)

Christiane Fellbaum, Dept. of Computer Science, Princeton University,
Ontology, semantics, and cognitive linguistics    (017)

Chiara Ghidini and Luciano Serafini, Bruno Kessler Foundation, Trento,
Logical tools for ontological analysis    (018)

Giancarlo Guizzardi, Dept. of Computer Science, Federal University of
Espírito Santo,    (019)

Ontology-driven conceptual modelling
Kevin Mulligan, Dept. of Philosophy, Université de Genève,
Ontological analysis: the philosophical perspective    (020)

Laure    (021)