iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-council] IAOA summer school: preliminary webpage

To: Stefano Borgo <stefano.borgo@xxxxxx>, IAOA education <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, IAOA council <iaoa-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Claudio Masolo <masolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Galton, Antony" <A.P.Galton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 22:45:06 +0000

Dear Stefano,    (01)

Nicely designed page! But I have a few suggestions for improving the English:    (02)

I suggest:    (03)

"We have taken this problem seriously  ..."
" to show how the different disciplines interact"    (04)

Not sure about
"This school enriches the set of IAOA activities like the Summer Institute, the
FOIS conference series, the FOMI and WOMI workshop series, the Special Interest
Groups and Applied Ontology journal."
It reads a little oddly. How about: "This school extends the existing range of
IAOA activities, which include the Summer Institute, ...."? Or "expands"
instead of "extends"?    (05)

In the box on the right, how about "register your interest" rather than
"manifest ..."?    (06)

Also, "in accordance with Italian law" (not "the Italian law")    (07)

Oh, and I agree about "from the viewpoint of their disciplines"    (08)

Best wishes    (09)

Antony    (010)